Re: CBC Lymph count

Fri May 19 07:25:10 2000

Being that I'm fairly new to this forum, and I find great comfort from hearing everyone else's stories (we are all together in this it seems) I've spent some time this morning reading over prior months' messages. I had to take note that it seems a lot of people with adhsions that are in pain, including myself, also have problems keeping themselves up mentally. Not that pain alone cannot do that(I know it can), and I can't speak for everyone, (I feel I'm still in the early stages of all of this with only 2 surgeries and no complete bowel obstruction as of yet) but this posting from Toni caught my attention. >>Lymphocytes are part of the white blood cell type. They travel to areas of inflammation and will be increased with diseases such as mono, viral infections, must viral upper respiratory infections, mumps, rebella,rubeola, hepatitis and some bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, and syphilis. In our situation, knowing that adhesions can be causing inflammation, I have to wonder if the lymp count is elevated in response to that. I see another potentially great research question/project.<<
I remember reading in a medical book that a rise in White Blood cell count to fight viral infections (or in this case, inflammation) has been suspected to be a possible cause of short-term depression. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here and overanalyzing (which I've been known to do from time to time.. LOL) but I know that for me, sometimes dealing with the pain is worse than the actual pain. I mean the pain is bad, but I just don't have the strength to deal with it sometimes. I used to have lots of ear infections (bacterial infection), my Mom didn't always have the money to send me to the doctor so I would be in serious pain a lot.... a whole lot. I handled that pain better than I handle this adhesion pain, and believe me, if you've ever had an eardrum to rupture, you know, that's one of the worst pains you can feel. I was lots younger then, but I still believe there's something physical causing me to have such a hard time dealing with this pain.... Not really sure where I'm going with this, I guess just thinking outloud for the most-part, but I thought it was interesting and just wanted to share. But I do think the next time I see my PCP on one of my really bad days, I'll see if he'll do a blood cell count... I hope everyone is doing ok today and thanks for all of your stories.... I believe this forum has been the best medicine yet for me.... Thanks Guys!!!!!

--
Joyce

At Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Jaynie Jarvis wrote: > >At Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Tina Shelby wrote: >> >>Sorry to have taken so long to write back. I've been away from my computer >>so I am trying to get caught up. I wanted to discuss the purpose of >>lymphocytes in our bodies and what can cause them yo be elevated. >> >>Lymphocytes are part of the white blood cell type. They travel to areas of >>inflammation and will be increased with diseases such as mono, viral >>infections, must viral upper respiratory infections, mumps, rebella, >>rubeola, hepatitis and some bacterial infections such as tuberculosis, and >>syphilis. >> >>In our situation, knowing that adhesions can be causing inflammation, I have >>to wonder if the lymp count is elevated in response to that. I see another >>potentially great research question/project. >> >>Tina > >Sure they come to the site of inflammation, it is part of the healing >process. I can't remember where I read this or who told me. They said, >"Think of what happens to a sliver in your hand" First it gets pussy and >then when the body can't get rid of it , it incapsulates it in a fibrous >material. Scar tissue. And it keeps building it to protect the body >from foreign objects. Same thing happens in side us and over time it >connects it self and grows tougher. Foreign objects could just be blood >left inside us. BUMMER !!! JAYNIE

--
Joyce

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: