Re: Desperately looking for advise...

Fri Jun 9 21:10:04 2000

Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry that you have suffered so. It seems like having adhesions is a nightmare, and we are waiting to wake up! I have had 7 abdominal surgeries and bowel obstructions. You poor thing having so many surgeries, I truely feel for you. Intestinal adhesions are my main problem. My last surgery was a TAH, appendectomy and lysis of extensive, dense adhesions. I had the bowel resection 6 months before that. At my request my surgeon used Seprafilm Bioresorbable Membrane. Its used in laparotomy as an adjunct intended to reduce the incidence, extent and severity of postoperative adhesions. I feel that the barrier may have slowed down adhesion formation, not eliminate them. I was excited to read the post from Helen, maybe our prayers will someday be answered. An urgent care facility doctor told me to drink 2 tablespoons of mineral oil in orange juice before going to bed. This has helped me tremendously to keep things moving. I was hospitalized a couple months ago for partial obstruction and I'm tired of living my life around my bowels!!! Please feel free to contact me, Sherry Marie at SMGNWV@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: