Re: Robyne

Sat Jun 10 18:57:23 2000

Dear Sherry Marie I had a long talk as I said in my e-mail yesterday with this new colo-rectal expert that came to see me and he totally bewildered me so when my own surgeon came in he explained it in his language that I could understand.I t does make it easier if you have a doctor that understands adhesion pain and complications and is willing to go any length to give you relief.He explained that immotility of the bowel can be caused from a virus or handling of the bowel especially with adhesions.Immotility can be found out in several ways.One by looking under an electron-magnetic microscope at a piece of bowel,by food staying put for long periods of time particularly in the stomachand the movement of this food causing moderate to severe pain(cisapride helps this)resulting in thin looking stools or costipation and also by feeding intravenously for several weeks and then if the pain subsides to have a temporary stoma to see if the stomach and the small bowel will weork into the stoma which is placed at the end of the small intestine.If this works and there is no pain then it is the large bowel and this wll then be removed and the small bowel sewn to the rectum so you dont have to have a bag. This is of course what has happened to me in the last few days before that they were always blaming the adhesions.He knows that I still have the bad adhesions but he feels this time they are not the only cause so you have to make sure that you dont just get caught up in the "adhesiion war" all the time and not look further.Love always Robyne.

>----- Original Message -----
From: Sherry Marie <SMGNWV@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 11:49 PM Subject: Re: Robyne

> I am so sorry you have been through so much. You are in my prayers.
> Hang in there! May I ask a personal question? I have had many surgeries
> for adhesions on the bowels and intestines, and during one surgery my
> bowel was nicked and I hemmorrhaged. I had a bowel resection. I have
> had acute bowel obstructions and been hospitalized with partial
> obstructions. Ever since all these problems, by bowels do not work
> properly. I am not constipated, it seems that I don't have the muscle
> to push anything through. My stool has become very thin. I am cramping
> a lot and experience nausea. My surgeon basically said call me when I
> vomit. I am scared. The last time I had an acute obstruction and the
> NG tube, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. My husband and I are
> getting ready to go to the beach next week-end and I don't want to spoil
> the trip for him. We couldn't go last year due to my hospitalizations.
> Any words of wisdom? Thanks in advance, Sherry Marie at SMGNWV@aol.com
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: