Re: rest or walking after surgery ?

Thu Jun 22 10:46:10 2000

Hello Oregonre, and welcome to the Group! I am LauraN and in my experience, I found that resting -- or walking around is and will always be a matter of personal preference. I say that because some people heal quickly and can/do feel much better walking around for a few minutes, sit and rest, walk down the street to the corner, come in and sit for a couple of hours, then do it all again. Others rest either by sleeping or just lying or sitting down with their feet eleavated; again, personal preference. For me, I find that lying in bed with my feet elevated is just what I need because I walk myself to death (I work as a secretary in a law firm) and just to go to work every day with all of that walking is a feat in and of itself; therefore, I live to get home and jump in the bed!!!! I hope you have success in deciding what is good for you!!!

Bless you, LauraN

> -----Original Message-----
> From: oregonre@aol.com [SMTP:oregonre@aol.com]
> Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 11:21 AM
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Subject: rest or walking after surgery ?
>
> Ladies, Ive just had a thrid surgery for adhesions, and am wondering
> what the thought is on Bed Rest VS Walking & Movement. I can see
> reasons for both, but for some reason it makes sense to me to rest and
> let my organs settle down and mend.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated !
> Thanks
>

This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: