Re: Prayers

Thu Jun 29 09:56:14 2000

I would be happy to add her to my list Karla. This is a very difficult thing you all are going through. Sometimes the not knowing is harder than knowing.

--
Marla

-----Original Message----- From: Karla <ifirgit@webcntrl.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Date: Thursday, June 29, 2000 12:53 AM Subject: Prayers

>I know that this nothing to do with adhesions, but I was hoping that I could >ask the group for some extra prayers today. My daughter is expecting her >third child in November. She recently had an afp blood test done and an >ultrasound and was told that she had a 1 in 25 chance of having a baby with >trisomy 18. (With trisomy 18 many babies die before birth and of those that >survive 90% die before reaching 1) Today she will be undergoing a level 3 >ultrasound and possibly an amniocentisis. From my understanding the >ultrasound should show some obvious defects.....but there is a chance that >everything will look normal and the baby still have t18. Her ob has highly >recommended that she have both so I don't know what she will decide. I >don't know if she is hiding things or what....but I know that I have some >major concerns. Anything less than 1/300 is considered high risk, but Nikki >feels that 1 in 25 is still good odds....I cannot be that relaxed. I know >that no matter what God will be there for us, but it sure doesn't hurt to >know that others are praying for us as well. > >Thanks to all, > >Karla >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: