Re: Please keep Kay Moran in your prayers...her surgery was yesterday

Sat Jul 1 21:03:41 2000

What a fabulous idea.I would love love to meet my new found friends but alas unless I won the lottery there is no way I could afford it.It is hard to just live day-by-day without even planning any sort of holiday.All I have to look forward to is now is to keep well and plan to spoil any grandchildren that I may be blessed with(unless I have a very rich relative lurking in the cupboard).I would like to send an appendage to all but I do not know whether it is allowed as it has a four letter swear word in it.It is something that you have to open so if people didnt want to read it they dont have to.My daughter had it sent to me and it brightened me up no end.Cuold you please let me know and I can send it next time.I am progressing very well now although still have not hadanything orally so still dont knowe the outcome yet.I still have the pulling and tearing pain in my right pelvic area but I know that will be fixed next time around.Love always,Robyne.

> ----- Original Message -----
From: George Perry To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 2:26 AM Subject: Re: Please keep Kay Moran in your prayers...her surgery was yesterday

To All,

I was so very moved by Beverly's response and encouraging words about the friendships we've built here. Wouldn't it be great to have an annual meeting and all of us get together and finally meet face to face? We could have a national meeting of the IAS and invite those doctors to come and speak who have made a difference like Dr. Korell (spelling?), Drs. Reich and Redan, Dr. Daniell, etc. Perhaps we could get some financial support from vendors to pay for the meeting.

Anybody have any comments or thoughts on this?

From: Bernie and Beverly Doucette To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 3:35 PM Subject: Re: Please keep Kay Moran in your prayers...her surgery was yesterday

My prayers and thoughts are with you Kay..you hang in there, give yourself time to heal....know you are thought of by many now and always as you move toward independence in your health!!! God is with you, Kay!!

To All our members... As we move into the month of independence...I am hoping that many of us can celebrate the independence of our suffering as we watch fireworks or share time with family and friends..some may be a bit stiff and sore from recent surgery's and others of us will celebrate by actually being able to perform many of the tasks it takes to put together a celebration for the "4th of July"... and as with any form of fight for an independence from bondage..be it slavery, religious persecution, dictatorship of any kind or suffering chronic pain... like all those who dared to fight to make a difference in our country, in our world, or those who challenged the unknown in the attempt take back their lives and open doors for those who would follow, and won, ..may WE who have trod that path of chronic pain be liberated from the suffering of ARD...and as we celebrate this year of " 2000 Independence"....keep a smile on your face and know that , " YES, there is hope for us now and we WILL win this one too friends, for us and for all who will follow ! " :-) God Bless you Joe, Jim, Kay, Helen, Beth, Kathy, LeeAnne, Ginni, Pam, Deb, Debbie, Sherry, Joan, Joanne...and those coming up for a surgery: Marian, Karla, Mary, Dena, Mary, and many more throughout the world..... and as we regain our health our hands reach out to the next one, and the next one until we have pulled each one of you through to a new life free of suffering! ! As more and more of us connect following surgery's, we are building a wall of knowledge, love, compassion, friendships, understanding and perseverance mortared with fierce determination to take care all who suffer ARD and LIBERATE them as well !

NO ONE will ever be able to break what we have built together through this society! Through our sufferings and our family's sufferings, we have lived a hell on earth and we may have been down trodden by many, but we are rising, and I mean RISING, in numbers that will soon force recognition and respect along with the high quality of medical care ALL people deserve..and when that happens folks, ARD will be eradicated, as it is my belief that the one real cause of this disease is " surgical negligence" .....please offer your theory on this one:

My comments here are in response to a pathology report I received today following a members recent adhesiolysis procedure )

I have been saying all along that when one suffers pain in association with adhesions, there is inflammation !! And by gosh, I am right, at least on the point that the adhesions are a reaction of the body to " foreign body " in the internal cavity!!! I am also convinced that the inappropriate handling and trauma of the interabdominal /pelivic organs is what creates that " foreign " body....the roughness to the tissues during the surgery, the removal of intestines and other organs for " exploratory purposes, some actually being laid out on tables for inspection thus gathering micoscopic and larger pathogens, and carrying them back into the cavity as well, the leaving of " debris " or blood clots , gauze slivers, powder from gloves, etc...ALL responsible for creating the " foreign bodies " that the adhesions are sent out to inhibit and cover in order to protect the rest of the organs in the cavity!! My intestine on the lower right side was attached crossed, upside down and attached to my left inner abdominal wall...why? how?

When the surgeon pulled MY intestine's up through the incision to amputate my " benign " appendix, he then simply shoved my intestines back into the cavity and wiggled it into " place".. I have witnessed this same thing happening many times while working in surgery! My surgeon may not have realized at the time that the procedure of pulling the organs out into the open, allowed pathogens to attach to my intestines as well as enter my abdominal cavity when he stuffed my intestines back into the incision, thus creating foreign bodies to enter and caused my body to create adhesions to surround those pathogens..thus adhesions everywhere! My intestines DID NOT simply fall into place...but they were forced into an abnormal position and adhered that way! And NO clot evacutation was done, ( the time consuming tedious removal or clean up of the clotted, " old " blood in the abdominal cavity caused by internal bleeders during the procedure!! ) Cause and effect!! I believe the motion of just stuffing the intestine's back into the incision, or even removing them out of the abdominal cavity is the ultimate cause of ARD... and that is SHEER NEGLIGENCE by the surgeon!!! These practices are antiquated, past history surgical procedures, NO valid excuse for those practice's to continue any more in any operating room!! And this is what we must challenge, not only for those of us who suffer ARD, but for ALL human beings so that they may never have to live what we have lived!! Let us shout this to every surgeon, medical center and medical school, to ALL who will listen....I do believe that ARD can be eradicated with a simple process of care in that operating room!! Nothing will, ever convince me otherwise now as I read your report..I am right!!!!

In friendship Bev

From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 1:54 PM Subject: Please keep Kay Moran in your prayers...her surgery was yesterday

Dear International Adhesions Society members and Friends, Kay Moran ( mailto:kaymoran@genevaonline.com ) underwent surgery on June 29th at the Omega Institute of Health in Metaire,LA. With Dr. Andrew Cook as her surgeon - along with your prayers and God's help - Kay will be able to enjoy a much better quality life. Please keep Kay in your prayers.

Best wishes, Kay, for success with your surgery!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: