Here we go again--where I'm at with all this

Fri Jul 7 02:09:53 2000

Hi All.

I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but a lot has happened.

I'd like to say I'm improving since having a total abdominal hysterectomy this past november. But I'm not. My pelvic pain is back with a vengeance and it is wreaking havoc on my life.

I had a conversation with my gynecologist and I flat out asked him if he thought adhesions could be a possible source of this pain, and he said YES, but also said he didn't want to attempt going in laparoscopically and looking around. Ugh!!

I'm so tired of this pain. There are so many limits that ere placed on me because of this stupid stupid pain that has gotten way out of control. Some days, I admit, I feel good starting out. But as the day goes on, I end up with more and more pain and it's literally exhausting.

My case has been turned over to a pain management clinic for a consultation. I mean at this point, I know it can't hurt. But you have to think it's hard to manage pain if you don't know for sure what the cause is. However, based on how I felt before the hyst and since having it, I definitely feel in my gut it's adhesions. I doubt very seriously that pain management can help.

I don't want more surgery but I also know I don't want to remain this way, you know having to bend and sway according to the pain I have. I want my life back. This is majorly distressing and terribly depressing at times.

Anyhow, I know this is long. Thanks for listening.

--
Dani
age 23
chronic pelvic pain and pelvic adhesions
tah-bso 11/17/99
still in pain
pain consultation with pain clinic 12/04/00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: