Pain meds

Sat Jul 8 20:16:04 2000

Susan,

I brought Marinol to the attention of our doc, and since then he has prescribed it to several of his patients suffering from pain. A couple days ago, he told me his patients had great success with it. He said Marinol does not appear to have the addictive qualities that the narcotics have. Also, Marinol has recently been changed to a class 3 drug, which means it can be dispensed more easily. Some physicians are not aware of this drug, or have avoided it because of its previous classification as a narcotic.

-----Original Message----- From: Susan_OR@iwon.com [mailto:Susan_OR@iwon.com] Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 3:18 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Thank You Helen!

I am having such a hard time getting adequate pain meds from my doctor. I talk to her on the phone and she constantly tells me she is worried I am becoming addicted. I told her that I was in a great deal of pain and can not function without help for the pain. She took that to mean I was addicted! She seemed to understand when I spoke with her a few days ago and told me she would prescribe enough for me to get through an upcoming vacation (and I use that word with hesitation...we are going to my inlaws) but she only prescribed half the amount she told me she would. I think I will definetly print out some of those articles and send them to her. I don't know how to make my doctors understand that without adequate help for the pain...I don't see a future for me. I am unable to take care of my son and basic necessity's of life. With the meds...I am at least somewhat able to function. I am almost to the point that I'm wishing my cancer wasn't found and my life was simply shorter..instead of prolonged with all this pain. Someone has to help. Is there a web site about the docs in PA or Dr. Redwine? Can you send me info? Thanks so much...

Take Care, Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: