Re: Ultram

Sun Jul 9 23:30:01 2000

At my worst, I took it every 6 hours (the effects wore off after about 5) at 50 mg (one pill). Sometimes I would get to 5 - 5 1/2 and say to myself "close enough" Once I took the next does I would start feeling it kick in after about 30 min and felt like it peaked at about 2 - 3 hours. It really helped me get through those tough days before my surgery and also worked great for post op pain. In fact, it probably didn't help me, but I prefered it over the anti inflammatory meds. So, I would take Ultram instead of those (not what the doctor told me to do as the anti-inflammatory meds are supposed to be very important after adhesion surgery). It just did so much more for the pain. And unlike narcotics, I felt I could function pretty normally (work, driving, etc.) once I got used to it.

I have a good friend who takes it for back pain due to a degenerated disk and she takes 100 mg per dose.

Also, prior to my surgery, on a really, really bad pain day (I hadn't slept much in several nights), my doctor called me in some Toradol. He said it is hard on the stomach so I could only take 2 or 3 days. It worked great!

Hope this helps.

Sherry P Tennessee

>----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel" <rcmanus@ipa.net> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2000 4:06 PM Subject: Ultram

> Those of you who have had success with Ultram, what dosages and how
> often are you taking it? What side effects have you noticed? I have
> started taking it and seem to be feeling better but it seems I have to
> keep taking it all day to achieve results.
> Rachel
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: