Responses from two of six general Surgeons in the Richmond, Indiana Area

Wed Jul 26 17:33:53 2000

Below is a message, that I sent to six (6) surgeons yesterday, via e-mail, in the Richmond, Indiana area. Following the message are two responses. I thought I would share this with you, as you can see there is much reluctance and denial in this particular area. I will tell you this, before the end of next week, these two physicians, along with the others in that group will be receiving a grand package of information about "OUR" disease. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to send, in regards to the "best" information, please let me know. As I wait for your response, I will be going through my personal bookmarks for the same.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE -----Original Message----- From: Renee Madron [mailto:1renee2@gte.net] Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 11:45 PM To: wmd@gsirichmond.com Subject: Lysis of Adhesions Hi, my name is Renee Madron and I am from the Richmond area. I would like to know if any physician in your office, deals surgically with Adhesions or Adhesion Related Diseases? Could you please contact me and let me know. Thank you

REPLIES (1) Dear Ms. Madron, All of our surgeons deal with adhesions. However, there are no "adhesion related diseases" that I am aware of, other than bowel obstruction. You can call the office and obtain an appointment to discuss the issue with a surgeon if you wish. Sincerely, W. Ducey, MD "William Ducey" <wmd@gsirichmond.com>

(2)Renee- all of our surgeons deal with lysis of adhesions, however only for adhesions associated with obstrucion of the bowel, whether partial or total. This does not apply to adhesions that occur within the pelvis or those associated with chronic pain conditions. If this applies to your Clinical situation, have your family doctor refer you to any one of our surgeons. "Brad Barrett" <bjb@gsirichmond.com>

--
Renee Madron
Richmond, Indiana
765-965-7435

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: