new here...needing info & friendship

Wed Jul 26 21:29:14 2000

Hi! I've been to this website once or twice but never posted. I am 38 yrs. old and dealing with adhesions. I had a total hysterectomy 3 yrs. ago due to endometriosis and PID related adhesions. 1 1/2 yrs. ago I had touch up surgery on adhesions because of partial bowel obstruction. I had approx. 8 good months after the touch up but now am back where I started.

I have chronic pain in the abdominal area....sometimes better than others. Now periodically I have bouts of constipation and my stools are progressively getting thinner. I also will have episodes lasting several days or more with no/or very little bowel movements which trigger severe bloating, cramps, pain and the whole works.

My regular doctor doesn't quite know how to deal with me short of giving pain pills and a lot of "mmmmmmmmmm's" when I describe my symptoms. I have wanted to hold out on trying any more surgery for as long as possible.

These past five days I've had another really bad spell and resorted (without Dr.'s recommendation) to take several doses of phospho-soda just to clear my intestine as much as possible.

My boss told me today that due to budget restraints they are thinking about switching insurance companies. This left me in a panic thinking that no other insurance company will have me. Should I try to have another surgery before the change?? Another new development is that I've been having back pain for about two months. I'm scared that I may developing adhesions there.

I live in Northern California and would be interested in hearing about any terrific doctors in this area who deal with our "curse". Plus....I'm also just looking for friendship from people who understand. Thanks for listening....sorry this was so long.

--
Verna
Anxious to hear from you either here at the board or at verna@mcn.org.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: