Re: Today........Karla's post

Wed Jul 26 21:37:27 2000

At Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Karla wrote:

>----- Original Message -----
From: Karla <ifirgit@webcntrl.com> To: phenfensupport <phenfensupport@onelist.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 7:41 PM Subject: Today

I thought I had sent a message earlier, but I can't find it in my sent file nor did I receive it myself.

I went to visit two people today....first the cardiologist. He examined me and has scheduled me for a catherization next Wednesday. He also indicated he wanted to do a right heart cath (without my saying a word) and I told him I would like it to be an exercise cath...he said they don't have the setup for anything but doing the weights. It kind of concerns me that he said he wanted to do the right heart cath after he examined me. I hadn't even discussed phenfen at that point. I don't know if he detected a problem or not. I guess I worry too much, but it should be a relief because I will finally have a definite answer to the ph question.

My second visit was to my pcp. If you all remember he had ordered the stress test a few weeks prior to my scheduled surgery. During the test he had told me everything looked good. And then I never heard anything and went for the surgery. Of course you know the rest, I had cardiac and respiratory arrest. When I returned home I saw him that same day and learned that there had been problems on the stress test, but no one had bothered to tell anyone. After being encouraged to look further into this by a number of people I contacted the clinic business manager asking him what procedures were regarding test results when they came in. He told me he would get back to me. When I went to see my pcp today he totally admitted messing up...or letting the ball drop. He really made me feel bad....because I feel that I need to take action on this. Even his nurse had encouraged my doing something so that he would learn a lesson from this.

I feel that he has really let me down and that my life was in great danger......what do I do? I know......I guess I have my own answers...its just doing it.

--
Karla

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: