Marian Lewis Update, Urgent

Thu Jul 27 07:28:19 2000

To all IAS members, it is with a sadden heart that I report that according to an e-mail from Dr. Redan, Marian Lweis passed away at 6:30pm, Wednesday. I am re-printing, with permission, his letter to me. Dear Pam, Mr. Lewis gave me permission to keep IAS members updated on Marian. Mrs. Lewis passed away last night at about 6:30pm. After a very long discussion with the family and her pre-operative requests that no heroic measures be taken to prolong her survival if she could not get rid of the pain. Her quality of life would have been very poor only to survive the surgery to resume a short life of pain again from her incurable cancer. Mr. Lewis would like to continue with all the IAS members to help people find help for their abdominal pain that is ignored by so many doctors as he wished someone would have taken a look in her abdomen sooner. Mr.& Mrs. Lewis will be flying home today for an anticipated funeral next week. I'm sure he would appreciate contact from the IAS members...especially you and Bev (who he adores.) Dr. Reich and I sincerely appreciate all the help everyone has given Mr. Lewis and all the people who suffer from chronic abdominal pain. Thanks, Dr. J. Redan Please feel free to post this note if you would like.

I will talk to Mr. Lewis later today and get his permission to post more information of the services and addresses.

--
In Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: