When Money Does Matter

Fri Jul 28 17:58:16 2000

I wanted to say I agree 100% about how insurance companies work and how they treat adhesions. But people say the amount of money you spend to be cured should not matter. Well, it does for some of us. I would love nothing more to have Scranton Pa do my surgery instead but, money wise that will never happen with a terminally ill husband and being I'm the only money maker I don't have that wonderful option of being cured by the best of the best. My Gyno who is wonderful and I trust is going to do the surgery but through my hysterectomy scar. He will be using adhesion barriers he said he wouldn't do it without them. He is not a doctor that blows you off he's the one who told me I have adhesions. I know this kind of surgery is a 50/50 chance but this is my only chance at this point to try and be pain free. Insurance companies seem to be able to dictate that we should suffer this is unthinkable and I just don't understand there motive. There spending money on adhesion surgery that most likely won't work or on pain management. Instead of letting the best do it first keeping cost down in the long run. There for I'm one of the ARD people that will most likely fall through the cracks because of insurance and other life problems seems a shame we let none doctors dictate who suffers and who doesn't. I will go into this 50/50 surgery with a positive attitude and a lot of faith.

--
Barbara.... TAH 11/10/1999
Adhesion surgery 4/28/2000
Abdominal adhesion/BSO surgery 8/18/2000

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: