Re: DR. Riche & DR. Redan

Wed Aug 9 11:13:56 2000

Dear Deborah, I will be happy to meet with you when I get home. I am coming back with boxing gloves on and I too would like to meet with the CEO of the Calgary Regional Health authority. Dr. Korell told me that I was the worst case he had ever seen, with my colon, stomach, liver, spleen, all in one, and embedded into the diaphragm, and then attached to the abdominal wall, no wonder I couldn't breathe or lay down, BUT IT WAS ALL IN MY HEAD YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to meeting you when I come home and hopefully we will be the ones that can make a difference in our province. I already have a surgeon in mind that I intend to see, I think that he may be a good candidate to learn the procedure and try and help others like us. My God what would it take to go and study with one of these great surgeons, to do a proper adhesiolysis. It should only take a few days in the operating room with Drs, Reich and Redan or Dr. Korell, and they could figure it out. This surgeon that I have in mind is already a laparscopic surgeon. We also need to try to put a stop to the brutal way that some surgeons handle our abdominal contents and therefore create the problems that has caused us to have to live this life of pain and suffering. Most of them are not aware that they are dong anything wrong.

See you when I get back.

>Mary----- Original Message -----
From: Deborah & Jean-Marc To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 9:34 AM Subject: Re: DR. Riche & DR. Redan

Dear Mary, I was thrilled to receive your email. I have been following your trip and surgery on the forum, and I am anxious to hear all about it when you return home. Perhaps we can meet for a coffee or tea? What a wonderful person Bev is. You are a very lucky woman to have found such a dear friend. She truly is a gift from God. As you know, I had my 19th surgery on May 3, 2000. Two weeks post op I was told that the bowel has twisted again. I am in constant pain daily, along with excessive vomiting. I am now investigating all my options. On Saturday night my middle daughter, Jessica baby-sat for a couple here in Bragg Creek. We went to pick her up and met the couple. It turns out that the husband, Jack, happens to be the CEO of The Calgary Regional Health Board. Can you believe it? He immediately wanted to hear my story. I am to meet him sometime this week. He is fairly new to this position and is determined to set things straight in this province. Lets keep our fingers crossed! Take care and BIG HUGS to both of you. Sincerely, Deborah in Calgary, Alberta, Canada -----Original Message----- From: Bernie and Beverly Doucette <bnb@cybrzn.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Date: August 9, 2000 8:00 AM Subject: Re: DR. Riche & DR. Redan

Dear Deborah, this is Mary from Calgary, as you know I have just come back from my surgery in Germany. I am feeling a lot better. You wanted to know about the clinic in Scranton, yes Drs Reich and Redan have opened an adhesion unit in Scranton, but if you live in Alberta it will cost you many thousands of US dollars. I applied and appealed to Alberta Health Care several times and they refused to send me there. I went through every avenue possible but they would not give in. therefore I went to Germany, Dr Korell is very efficient, he does a second look laparoscopy which is very important, because as you are aware adhesions do come back. Dr Korell also uses barriers like intergel and interceed. The total cost of my surgery including the hospital was $5200.00 Canadian dollars. They have accommodations right on the hospital grounds for a reasonable rate under $60.00 Cdn a night, in newly renovated rooms in the nurses residence. If you want more information on anything please let me know. I am still staying with Bev in Wisconsin, I will be back in Calgary on August the 19th. In the meantime you can write me here. Dr Korell has an excellent reputation in adhesions, he has been involved in clinical trials for the past 15 years, he is extremely knowledgeable and understanding. We will be posting a lot of information on the site about my trip in the next couple of days.

Mary

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Deborah & Jean-Marc To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 4:00 PM Subject: DR. Riche & DR. Redan

I am trying to find out information about the new clinic that was opened recently, by DR. Riche and DR. Redan. Can anyone help me? Thank you, Deborah ( Canada )

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: