Re: Thank you Chrissy.........

Wed Aug 9 20:59:30 2000

Dear Deborah.. I believe that the cost of a consultation and surgery with DR. Reich or Dr. Redan is dependent on the length of time for the procedure as well as the extensivness of it... I have NOT heard of anyone having been told of any definate cost of surgery with prior to having it completed!!

I will state that if your coming into the USA from Canada..you might expect to pay those amounts as your countries health care system has not agree to suppliment any of those expenses to date!! To the best of my knowledge and experience with the Canadian healthcare system, you would be personally responsible for all costs accurred in securing a surgery here in the USA...but that is unique to a Candian.

A person within the United States that has insurance coverage will not have to pay that kind of monies at all.

Chrissie is correct when she states that Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan are two of the most skilled adhesion surgeons in the world....non better ...but we have found that in the event you cannot get to them because of the Candian health care system...Dr. Mathias Korell in Duisburg Germany is also very skilled and highly qualified in adhesiolysis as well. He has watched Dr. Reich perform surgery and he is well versed on adhesions. Dr. Korell is compassionate as well as well versed on adhesion related disease!! Things are set up very well in Germany now to accomodate North Americans...you can bet on that since I just returned from there and trust me when I say I have it all set up for persons wishing to go there, it is so! I did feel that a number of our sister and brothers in the IAS from Canada might be caught in a catch 22 situation and that Dr. Korell just might offer them that chance to get well......

M.Korell@t-online.de <M.Korell@t-online.de> Feel free to contact Dr. Korell with any and all questions!!!

I do feel Scranton is the best of places to go if one can...but Dr. Korell offers a hope that can also offer one a chance at life and when Dr.'s R&R cannot be gotten to...then he is the next best !! What is important here when one is sufferring from adhesions and looking for surgical intervention, is to get to only a skilled and proven surgeon, and one with statistics...and ask lots and lots of questions first!!!!! That is they only way we will be able to conquer this disease for ourselves and get another chance at life!!

Hope this helps you and feel free to ask questions of me as well!! Peace to you.. Bev

>----- Original Message -----
From: Deborah & Jean-Marc <dasje@telusplanet.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 12:28 PM Subject: Thank you Chrissy.........

> Hello Chrissy,
> Thank you for your email. Your kind words, and offer of help and support are
> truly appreciated. My "story" is on the "adhesion quilt", under Deborah
> Leclerc.
> I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I am very interested to hear about your
> surgery, and recovery. Are you on the quilt?
> Right now I am looking at all my options. From what I have heard a surgery
> by DR. Riche would cost $40,000.00 (u.s.), which with our low Canadian
> dollar works out to be aprox. $58,000.00. Just for the surgery. Now this is
> just "here-say" thus far. Do you know anything about the logistics?
> I am in pain daily and have periods of excessive vomiting. Not much fun!
> I would love to keep in touch with you.
> Wishing you a speedy, successful recovery.
> Deborah in Canada
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chrissy492@aol.com <Chrissy492@aol.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
> Date: August 9, 2000 8:44 AM
> Subject: Re: DR. Riche & DR. Redan
>
> >Deborah,
> >Hi there - I do have information on Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan. I just had
> >surgery by them 3 weeks ago and still recovering from the surgery. They
> are
> >2 terrific doctors and well worth the trip I took from NH to PA. They put
> >you up in a terrific caring hotel and take great care of you. I have there
> >information I will give you below. Are you suffering from adhesions?
> Please
> >keep in touch with me and let me know if there is anything else I can do to
> >help you.
> >Dr. Jay Redan
> >886 SR 6W
> >Tunkhannock, PA 18657
> >570/836-4100
> >Dr. Harry Reich
> >245 North Memorial Hwy
> >Shavertown, PA 18708
> >570/674-2256
> >Good luck!