I don't know what else to do

Fri Aug 18 23:33:07 2000

I am 27 years old and have had four gynecological surgeries within the past 3 years. The first two were for cysts the size of grapefruits. I was bleeding inside and had emergency surgery, both were laparotomies. The third one was for another large ovarian cyst, my left ovary and fallopian tube was removed. At the time of this surgery endometriosis was also found on my intestines, bladder and ureters along with other areas. My doctor burned off the endometriosis in the other areas but left the spots on my intestines and bladder. After these three surgeries I could hardly funtion due to excrutiating pain. I went to doctor after doctor because I wanted a hysterectomy. I was tired of having major surgery every year. Finally, I found one that agreed that I needed it and it was performed. After the surgery he informed me that my colon, bladder, right ovary and ureter were all connected with adhesions. He said there was still endometriosis in some areas, but he could not remove it from vital organs. I still have it on my intestines and bladder. After the hysterectomy, which was about 1 1/2 years ago, my pain was minimal. I could tolerate it anyway, but it never went away. Now, all of the sudden the same pain that I had before the hysterectomy has returned and I am in terrible pain 24 hours a day. I can barely function on a daily basis. I don't know what to do. I don't want anymore surgery. What type of doctor should I go see about this. Most gyn's just say there is nothing that can be done. I am so tired of hearing this. I am so frustrated and tired of being in pain. Just the thought of having this pain for the rest of my life makes me want to die. I need to see a doctor, but I want one that will listen to me and not just blow me off. If anyone has any information or could help me with this please let me know. Thank you

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: