Re: Comment about negative remarks

Mon Sep 18 16:57:53 2000

I was discouraged to see the statement that if you don't have the finances, don't bother with this group. I am in the process of finding out what my insurance will cover and what out of pocket expenses I will have to pay. I am encouraged by the facts of how the surgery is done. I have had several scopes over the years and three major abdominal surgeries, and I don't feel that another major surgery is the way to go. The insurance companies should decide if they want to pay for several more major surgeries or one that could solve the problem. I like the approach that Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan use to help this problem. While I do not expect to be pain free from adhesions, I do have hope that the doctors can at least get rid of a "pocket" of fluid that has caused me extreme pain. I'll keep you posted as I have to heal before I can have surgery-- at least until October or November.

I too would like to hear the specific case of the patient who had to have surgery again since June. Every case if different and more details are needed to make an informed decision.

At Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Bernie and Beverly Doucette wrote: >
>As long as your going to share unpleasant information as well as defame a character of the surgeons, why not say who had the second surgery and why? To play games with the desperately suffering people of this society is cruel, and to only state parts of something without substantiating your statement, implies to me that there is no factual basis to your comments.
>
>This society does not have funding to pay for peoples surgeries, to date I know of no society that does that for any type of disease. What we do offer to those who are in need of a surgery is to assist them with ways to raise funding for it, how to address and appeal their insurance company's if needed and much needed support until,
> or if ever, surgical intervention can be secured for them.
>
>I recently read about research groups using web site support groups to accomplish certain research projects and assignments...what these research assignments asked for, was to have the student pose a negative statement to the group and then record the responses to it. Now, this is not illegal of course, and it is not invasion of privacy, as that is not regulated in the Internet at this time, BUT, it is a very dishonest, self serving thing to do to an already suffering group of people. Things like this will not only cause negative feelings, instill unnecessary fears and thoughts, but it may inhibit those who need the support so desperately NOT to utilize the support group.
>
>Not all those who post on the IAS will bring good news, and that is okay, but those who do post on here do not defame or put down another person. They do not blatantly try to discourage or create negative feelings...not for one moment do they do that intentionally, as in this posting.
>
>It is easy to see why one would use the " anonymous " route, therefore they cannot be asked directly to account for their statements. A cop out in this case.
>
>May God look upon you with forgiveness for inflicting suffering on those already suffering way to much...for trying to sow hopelessness where there IS hope, and for cowering behind unsubstantiated statements verses offering proof of your words...YOU, of all who have posted on this board, need prayer much greater then any of us who post on this wonderful IAS support group!
>
>Folks, lets not react to this stuff as stuff is what it is and with no valid purpose of function on the IAS posting board. And if it is a researcher....ask before you use us to complete your studies...and let it be something positive..as that is what we need right now, something positive in our lives!!
>
>You all take care...and reach out to one another as you have been...
>Bev
>

>>----- Original Message -----
>From: anonymous <anonymous@obgyn.net>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com>
>Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 12:04 PM
>Subject: DR. REICH & DR. REDAN
>
>> For all you hopefuls, don't get discouraged but if you don't have
>> financial help don't bother contacting this group! Also I have found out
>> that there was an operation in June that already had to be redone! There
>> are some of us that just make adhesions 8(( We need to make the best of