Am I the only woman 'on earth' who got tremendous pelvic pain after a caesarian ???

Wed Oct 4 12:17:29 2000

I received a letter from a lady from Belgium this morning. She has been wondering if she is "...the only woman 'on earth' who got tremendous pelvic pain after a caesarian ( c-section )??"

Does her experience sound like yours? If so, please share your experience on the IAS Message Board - to let the woman from Belgium know that she is NOT the only person in the world to suffer after a c-section. You do not have to reveal your name or email address.

By sharing your caesarian ( c-section ) story, you will help open the eyes of other women around the world...so that they too will know - for perhaps the very first time - that they are not a mental case...that THEY ARE NOT ALONE!!!

~ ~ ~ ~

Today I decided to share Patty's story about her experience following a caesarian ( c-section ). [ Note: Patty is not the lady from Belgium. ]

Hi. My name is Patty. I had a caesarian in 1980. Then another one in 1982. After the second caesarian I was in such terrible pain I could not go anywhere without falling to the ground feeling like my stomach was ripping open.

In 1984 the doctors found severe adhesions wrapped around my bowels; and my abdominal wall, ovaries and tubes were covered with adhesions. They performed a complete hysterectomy; and after that I ended up with 5 bowel obstructions. They removed part of my colon.

I stay so constipated. I have to live on laxatives for my bowels to work. I am lucky if I go every two weeks. I am always in severe pain. I don't know what to do. I have seen so many doctors. They tell me they won't touch me.

I have to learn to live with it. I know how you feel.

Patty

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: