Re: Am I the only woman 'on earth' who got tremendous pelvic pain after

Wed Oct 4 13:10:54 2000

No your not.

My name is Carli Albright, I am 26 years old and I have one son - 6 years old. I had him via C-Section in April of 1994. I had no idea at the time that not only am I adhesion prone but, I am also allergic to the powder used on latex gloves (a contributing factor in my case).

When my son was 2 I began to experience pain on my left side that was so bad that it would make me vomit and pass out. I went to my Gyn and they told me nothing was wrong - go to a psychiatrist. I went - and all that did was make me more mentally balanced - not take away the pain. But I must say it did damage to their case to have the Psychiatrist on my side.... She would talk to the doctors with me - and that but some "heft" behind my arguments.

I then went to my primary care physician and he sent me to a gastrointronologist. They did several horrible tests and ruled that there was nothing wrong with me...

I went back to my Gyn - (we are now 1 1/2 years in and my son is 3 1/2) and told her that I was dying and that I wasn't leaving her office until she figured out how to fix this!!! She scheduled me for an exploratory surgery.

It took the surgeon less than five minutes (before surgery) to tell the rest of the group in the OR what was and had been wrong. He validated me in less than five minutes!! All of my organs where / are joined together in one mass from my belly button down - all stemming from my c-section scar. They did three surgeries before realizing that they were making it worse. I think it helped some on the right side but the left side (according to the surgeon) reverted back and got worse. So they stopped.

That was almost three years ago. I cope with the pain daily and try new things for it all the time. Right now I am facing surgery on Oct. 16th for a bowel obstruction that the docs are attributing to adhesions - we will see....

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone by any measure. There are thousands of women according to my doctors (who by the way are actually very nice people. They have tried hard and been as helpful as they can be... they have never said - since the moment the surgeon declared that I had to have been in more pain than they understood previously - that adhesions didn't cause pain) who suffer from adhesions due to a previous c-section.

I hope that testimony helps - don't give up and don't let them question your sanity. This is real and you deserve help. Make them give it to you, if one doctor won't then go to another - you are worth it!!!

Feel Better,

Carli

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: