Re: second surgery 4 months later

Tue Oct 17 15:01:45 2000

At Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Kathy L. wrote: >
>Hi Toni:
>You sure had a lot of adhesion involvement there!
>It sounds like the surgeon made a good effort
>to lyse all of the adhesions. I am not a doctor
>so I don't know what Dr. Redan's interpretation
>would be.
>
>I think it would be helpful if you contacted him
>and he got a look at your or reports. It's no
>wonder you were in such pain. NOTHING was free
>and moving there.
>
>I am tentatively scheduled for November 21 or 22
>for Scranton. I'll keep you posted on how every-
>thing goes. I am naturally anxious about surgery
>as we all would be, but also excited at the prospect
>of feeling better.
>
>Keep in touch and keep the faith.
>
>--
>kathy l.

Hi Kathy,

How did you get all your info for the drs? Where are you from? I guess I am not here enough to know all your info, I am sorry, I just do not have the time to go back and look, I have been on this forum since it started, I was on the gyn forum for awhile, that was when I was going through all my surgeries, and they did not all understand if you did not have endo, why we have these problems. It seems as time goes on the pain get s worse, I was having a decent day, until I went to the store, I had to get out of here, it is a rainy day here in Ohio.

I try not to take oxycontin unless I really need it, but I think I wait too long on some days, but the reaction with the bowels, is too painful, constipation is a BIG problem here. I am getting tired of fighting the whole situaton, and trying SO hard to live with it. I met a friend we lost touch over the years, and we just found each other again, and she has been having the same troubles. She was in extreme pain in July she said it started bad in May, and that was 5 years after her TAH. The general surgeon went in and did a lap, and he told her all he found was scar tissue, and she was doubled over in pain for 2 days, he told her there is nothing he can do for her, and she has not found a dr who cares enough to get into pain management, at least my gyn did that for me. That shpws me he does care and wants to help me at the least. when their hands are tied that is at least a way to help til the time comes when we find adr who will help us!

today on my way home I started to have the hard stabbing pain the the lower pelvis, but I am just dealing with it. I am fighting the smoking battle, and the way I have been smoking worrying about my sister, I would be to afraid to go under right now. I want to be off the cigarettes for a coupe of months. The last two surgeies I had a high fever after wards, and they siad it was probably from smoking, the tests were al negative after the surgery.

I wish you luck to get the relief we are all looking for, and for now I have found a friend here who understands all the pain we are dealing with. I think I am lucky for now that I have not ever had a total obstruction, the GI dr seems to think I have had a few partial bowel obstructions, the pain was so terrific, but I just hope I do not have to wait until that would happen, that is what alot of the drs tell me, and that bothers me. My mother died alittle over 4 years ago, and when they went in to her to fix her bleeding ulcers, she had been sick 10 days, and they never klnew what it was until she passed out in the bathroom, they had found that her bowel had died, and it had already turned to gangrene. They operated on her 3 days in a row, 21 hours total , and they could not sab=ve her, so it all scares me ALOT!

Sorry to ramble on, Love to all, Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: