Re Laparascopic surgery

Mon Oct 30 18:27:07 2000

Hi Zoe, I have just read your post and wanted to say that I know they do Laparascopic surgery in the UK. So if your surgeon says no, then find another surgeon.

I have learned in the past that if you don't get the treatment you need, don't except second best. You cant afford to have to many surgeries, wait until you can convince a surgeon to do what you want or go to Germany, if you can afford to pay for it.

I have had this surgery done in the UK and it gave me 4 years. That was before we new about the barriers or second look surgery. At the moment the docs here are good at removing adhesions but they are not knowledgeable about stopping them from reforming.

Why don't you gather all the information you can on adhesions and second look surgery before you set about finding a surgeon willing to do the op. This is what I intend to do. I have to be very careful because I have had too many surgeries already.

I wish you luck anyway. Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

The British Adhesion Society will be on line soon. With an aim of getting UK surgeons interested in our fight to validate that adhesions do indeed cause chronic pain. If you come across any surgeons interested, please give them my name and e mail. I would be very pleased to discuss the organisation with them.

Once again good luck, if I can help you with anything or you just need to get things out of your system I will be here for you.

In friendship Kath.

PS I have had about five letters from other UK fellow sufferers, so hopefully soon we will be reading about the things that are relevant to the UK market.

PPS I don't know if you have been to my place on the quilt, I have put a photo on it. I am planning to do this with the BAS site and then you will feel that you are posting to someone you know. Well that's the theory. I hope you will put your name on it. Love Kath.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: