Re: positive attitude

Fri Nov 3 21:42:46 2000

Hi Everybody:

I was checking in on the forum and was comforted to know that we are all having bad days. I know that sounds kind of stupid, but I have been very depressed these last few weeks. Crying all of the time. Feeling sick and tired of being sick and tired. I appreciate having people to share this with. Family just can't understand sometimes how tough it is to constantly put up with pain. Everyday you wake up and think, okay, I don't feel so bad today, and then the same pain takes over.

Thanks for the positive thinking advice Verna. I know it will help. I also got some relaxation tapes, and I have thought about keeping a journal. I think I will try that too.

Take care,

--
Kathy L.

At Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Verna Cohen wrote: > >Hi all, > >Me again! Toni and Nanc, I hope I didn't sound corny or false when I >wrote about staying positive. I do know how hard it is. For this past >month I have been very depressed and feeling without hope while I have >been dealing with different docs who don't understand or won't help and >the pain I was suffering was terrible. My doc thought I tore stomach >muscle on top of the adhesions. Excrutiating. I found that my illness >was consuming my thoughts and I've been lower than low. It is just >within the past few days that I've tried to pull myself up out of it. >It is darn hard....but today while I was at work...it hit me like a >light bulb coming on that trying to boost my morale did actually make me >feel better. I could wake up tomorrow in a funk again.....I hope not. >I'll try to remind myself how I've been feeling the past few days when I >was up and determined to fight.....not give in. I have also been using >relaxation tapes before going to bed as well as writing out my >frustrations in a journal. It does help to get those emotions out. >OK.....enough cheerleading. As you can tell, I've been having a good >day today. > >In friendship, >Verna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: