news from Germany at last!

Wed Nov 8 05:59:00 2000

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading these posts for over 2 years now. I have been in touch with Bev, Pam & Helen by email. I actually didn't know how to post until just recently - lol. You can read my story on the quilt, although I do need to update it.

I am so glad we finally heard from everyone in Germany. I was getting worried. I kept thinking, gosh is it a different day over there or something? Is that why Bev hasn't contacted us yet?

Lynne, I am so happy to hear that you made it home safely. I am sorry that your surgery had complications. I hope you feel better soon. I will continue to pray for your swift & complete healing.

Sounds like doctor Korell is a wonderful doctor. Great news on your surgery Anne. Mary, you poor dear, all those complications. I am praying for your quick turn around. And finally, our dear, Helen. What great news! You are such an inspiration to us all.

What a blessing for all of you to be able to go over there together! I pray that you arrive home safely. Pam, thank you so much for relaying Bev's messages to us.

I also pray that all of us will be pain free and cured of this awful disease in the not too distant future! God bless all those with their upcoming surgeries. May the Lord guide their surgeon's hands. May he also protect their bodies from further harm. We will all be thinking of you & praying for you.

For those of you who are new or who are not yet in the position to have surgery yet (for whatever reasons), please keep the faith. We are all in this together. Please follow Helen Chamber's advice about the pain panic site. At least if we get the meds needed to tolerate this pain, we will have the strength and hope to carry on until our turn comes around.

I have spent alot of time emailing Bev concerning having my surgery with Dr. Reich, Dr. Redan or Dr. Korell. I was hoping to wait til January, in order to have more vacation time from work (money too - lol). But my new PCP says that I have a partial bowel obstruction & it might not be able to wait. I have been on meds to induce diarrhea for a week now, with no results. My adhesions always attach my sigmoid colon to my inner abdominal wall, although, this is the first time it has caused an obstruction, as I usually have surgery before then. It has been hurting me & causing me problems for a year now. I had an adhesiolysis 3 years ago. Seems like every 3 years I have been doing this.

As far as those ladies who are having problems with their physicians.. go look for another. I know how frustrating this is. How depressing this is. My ob/gyn moved to Dallas (I am in Houston), last October. I did not even have a PCP. I have been through 4 since then. The 1st one made sexual remarks, so I left.

The 2nd one almost got me fired, as I had gotten thrown off of a horse & broke 2 bones in my lower back ( I am sure this did not help my adhesions any - lol). I had to be on light duty at my job. My employer was going to fire me for not being able to "perform the essential duties of my job". All because my PCP would not refer me out to an orthopedic surgeon. He finally did & I got a new job Thank God! And I have not been back to him since.

The 3rd doctor was my mother's PCP. I went to him 3 times, complaining of abdominal pain. He never once examined me. He just decided that it was my IBS. He refilled my regular meds (no pain pills). On the last visit he said there is nothing you can do about adhesions. You just have to learn to live with it. I do not prescribe pain pills. He did not even bother to refer me to an ob/gyn.

I am currently seeing my boy friend's doctor ( GP), who is located on the other side of town. He started out saying you can't keep having surgeries for adhesions. Have you ever known anyone who has? (Of course I felt like saying yes all of the ladies on my IAS board!) By the time you are 60 your insides will be a mess. He said I am sure that your previous surgeons told you that they will not keep operating on adhesions, as they keep coming back. I said no, personally I had not encountered that, but that I had read about it though.

I told him that I had done a lot of research on the internet about adhesions. I explained about the 3 doctors (Reich, Redan & Korell). He was pretty cool about it. He asked for their internet site address. I gave him a copy of an email I had sent to Dr. Redan along with his reply & my surgical records. I told him to email Dr. Redan, that I was sure he would reply. He wanted to know what they did differently.

Sorry this is so long - lol. Anyways, he said he would look into it. He examined me and did an abdominal x-ray. Told me I had a partial bowel obstruction. And concluded that if these meds don't work, I would probably have to have surgery anyway.

Please pray for me to be able to go see Dr. Korell. I refuse to have just anyone do surgery on me. My body has been through enough.

Thanks for listening everyone,

In loving friendship,

--
Cindy

Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All with one Wallet.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: