Adhesions and Endo

Mon Nov 13 18:23:52 2000

Hi everyone, I'm back. I came here a couple months ago and lurked & posted a little. This was at the point that I realized my problems weren't over and I suspected pelvic adhesions caused from endo. I had my last endo surgery 9 months ago, and within the last two months have had increased pain where my ovary was attached to my bowel. My ovary is long gone in a radical hysterectomy 1 1/2 years ago. I had another surgery post-hysterectomy for endo recurrance, and I have had excellent results for the endometriosis. I had extensive, severe endo with bowel, bladder, adeno, etc., as well as dense adhesions. I sometimes consider myself lucky that the only problem I have left is the pain in my hip/sciatic nerve from my endo days. But, this is my worst enemy pain. Out of all the pain I have had, this one is the thorn in my side. I also have bowel symptoms with this. This particular adhesion which is giving me grief is located posterior to where my bowel/ovary were married & has been removed twice.

The only time I have had relief from these symptoms is when I was on bcp, pregnant or after each surgery. I am wanting another surgery, but know my chances of it regrowing are large. Does anyone know the percentage or the research regarding old adhesions reforming after excision surgery? What is the very best route to go regarding pelvic adhesions? I am on a personal quest for a pain-free life!

I guess I am just realizing that pelvic adhesions can cause as much, if not more grief than the active endo. I thought this nightmare was over, somebody pinch me! Thanks everyone here for letting me vent, when I read all the posts here I realize I am not alone, nor will ever be alone with this affliction called adhesions.

--
suzanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: