diagnosing adhesions

Thu Nov 30 11:59:23 2000

Hello everyone

I had a TAH/BSO a yar and a half a go for stage four endometriosis. I have been fine up unitl now. I have a constant dull pain in my lower left pelvic area - soemtimes feels like my groin area. Also, some days it feel as if I have my period again. I saw my doc today - regular doc - not gyno - I called the gynos office and they aid to have other things ruled out by regular doc. This doc has ordered at pelvic and abdominal CAT scan with IV. I am freaking out. IS this how they diagnose adhesions? this doc was a fill in for my regular one who was out sick. She said the CAT scan can sometimes find adhesions - aspecially on the bowel. BEfore my hysterctomy I had a terrible experience - they did a CA125 which came out bad, so for two days before my surgery we thought possible ovarian C. thank God only stage four endo. I am terrified of going through more tests. Would it be unusual for me to develop an adhesion so long after surgery? I realize there is also a slim chance that endo could have grown back.... But as before, I'll take that over the big C anyday. Just wondering how all of you had your adhesions diagnosed? Pain similar to mine? Last night my knees even hurt - just like the old days of having my period!

--
Marianne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: