suffering!

Fri Dec 8 12:43:22 2000

Hello all, I don't post often, but I've been following the fortunes of you all - particularly those who have been to Germany. A year ago tomorrow, I underwent surgery, to remove a remaining ovary and adhesions, following a TAH 15 years previously. I spent 10 happy months pain free. In the last few months, pain has returned. I saw a general surgeon this week who has told me that he thinks that I have irritable bowel syndrome, despite the fact that I ahve few bowel symptoms. I have to have a barium enema, which he says that he expects to be normal, following which he will 'label' (his words!) with the diagnosis of IBS. He says that if this is the case, then most people are reasuured by the fact that they can be told that they do not have a cancer and that he expects that my symptoms will disappear. He told me that adhesions do not cause pain!!!!! Until the results of the barium he will do nothing. Why does he not realise that the pain is here and now. Thank god for an understanding and endlessly sympathetic GP who has referred me to a pain clinic. I am at the end of my tether. So few seem to understand. I know that you all will. Thanks for listening to my ramblings. love, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: