suzanne

Fri Dec 22 18:57:04 2000

Thanks for your reply. Cold laser therapy is alternative medicine. I have gone to acupuncture many times in the past for TMJ and muscle problems. When all this nerve stuff started, I tried acupuncture for that but it didn't seem to help. And though I'm not really "needle-scared", I did kind of freak out at have needles put in my abdomen when it was already generatimg its own needle sharp pain. So my acupuncturist tried the cold laser. It is not like what a normal or hot laser is, which is used for cutting. It is penetrating laser rays which stimulate the mitrochondria in the cells to break up the scar tissue. And it has been working, I had gone 2 months with only pain flickers occassionally. However, right along with your "damned if you do and dammed if you don't " theme, I have now developed a muscle problem in the area and there is some question if the laser might have touched it off. That is, I have that question, but my acupuncturist assures me that the laser couldn't have caused it. But it seems so hard to beleieve its a coincidence. So do I continue have the laser which really does help, but then maybe make the muscle problem worse? If you have an acupuncture place in your area, you might want to ask about cold laser. It really really does help me, just wished the other complication hadn't happened. What other meds do you use other than vicodin? My doctor had also mentioned trying any anti-seizure medication. Thanks again for responding.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: