On 24 Dec 2000, at 3:24, Nikiti wrote:

> Hello all,
> I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this site, I think I am still in
> shock! For YEARS I have been suffering with adhesions and pain, they
> said I have Asherman's Syndrome, which was explained to me as being
> (quote) "severe, dense adhesions that have pulled my insides together
> and stuck them like glue"...

Dear Nikiti,

Like you, I've had lots of surgery and have ended up with lots of adhesions. I've developed a few little tricks for managing the hospital recovery that help to calm me. Maybe they will help a little with your new challenge.

First of all, I buy myself a bar of sweet smelling soap -- I like Yardley's and some nice hand lotion. Stuck through and through with staples and NG tubes and catheters, I can still wash my face and hands and feel human!

I have a Walkman and tapes of music that I love. I listen to that at night when it is hard to sleep. I also have some meditation tapes for those times when I am waiting for some test or for the surgery to begin.

I have always been able to wear the Walkman into the OR. Until I got a WM with an automatic turnaround, the anesthesiologist would turn the tape over for me, even if I was deeply unconscious.

I have a beautiful robe from Victoria's Secret which makes me feel glamorous. I wear the hospital nighties so I won't destroy my own with gunky stuff, but I have my robe for other times.

I also bring some nice shampoo for that wonderful day when they say -- you can have a shower now. They bring me a little shower chair and I spend a long, luxurious time under the hot water with sweet body wash and my fancy shampoo.

This may all sound crazy to you, like I don't understand your pain and the desperation of your situation. I do. These are just ways that have helped me cope.

Good luck with the upcoming surgery. You'll be OK!

Love,

Kate

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: