Re: Is message board confusing?

Thu Jan 18 21:56:57 2001

Hello...Yes I have been wanting to reply to this message about how confusing the board is...

I think it would be very helpful to have just a few "rules" for lack of another word right now for when folks use this site...

1) No capital letters (as in entire message using caps...signifies shouting or yellling, as etiquette says...

2) Maybe these "rules" could be stated once a week for new comers...

3) Seems whenever posts are posted there is ALOT of repeat of the same message many times..Also many folks are sending in many different formats. ie sending in Mime format.. On the other lists I belong to it is really easy to read and not waste time "RE-reading" same posts etc. I will explain in next comment section.

4) If everyone when sending a message to Adhesions always used a NEW e-mail to adhesions. Then in the subject line just say the first few words of what you are responding back to. Then DON'T always send a copy of the entire question back and forth. The way to do this is listed below.. It really makes it alot easier to go through the posts. Then always send your format in Plain text...(not mime format). Haven't you ever noticed when folks send in Mime format you get tons of "nonsense numbers and letters and it looks like message is from another planet. Hope this makes sense.

5) So...the way it is done on the other post I belong to is:

While you are in your email screen go to Tools at the top.then go to Options then to Send Mail Option. Select send plain Text (not mime format) then uncheck the box that says " Include message in reply" (this way everyone will only be sending the subject line back and responding to it instead of repeating the whole message again..

6) If for your other times of sending email messages you want to do Html format or include message with reply then you just go back and select those again to change it for personal use.

Please forgive this being so long...but it really does make it TONS easier to read and reply to. One can always go back to prior post and check the message in its entire form. Thanks for your patience and listening. I hope that you choose to do this.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: