Re: Still Afraid To eat !

Mon Jan 22 16:56:12 2001

Well, I'll tell you what I do...and I warn you, it is not very exciting! I am down to 106lbs, and fully understand.

Daily:

3 Balanced meal replacement drink(I don't do high protien, as this is harder to digest and with 3 a day I get 45grams of protien which is plenty)

2-3 bowels of blended potato leek soup

Small amounts of bread throughout the day(like a half a piece at a time, nothing dense or too doughy...my latest has been homeade banana bread...yum!)

Small amounts of crackers(Harvest Grain or something you really like...try not to be too boring here...treat yourself to a good one!) or dried cereal throughout the day(only handful at a time)

TREATS:

A couple slivers of avacado sometimes or maybe a sliver of cream cheese, hummus w/ a little pita bread, miniscule amounts of dried fruits or nuts

Every night:

Fudgesicle (and maybe even some ice cream!)

Try to add things that agree with you, and that make you not feel so deprived... blender is a wonderful thing to use now!

Forget about the fiber for now, I haven't been able to eat raw fruits or veggies for months now...very hard to digest. The more liquid and "mushy" your diet is, the easier it will be for them to make it through your digestive tract...my boyfriend calls me "mush-mouse" because of my diet, and asks for a taste of whatever I'm eating as if it's the tastiest treat he's had all day...it helps to lighten up about it and laugh a little through the hard times.

I truely hope this helps, like I said, I can only offer you my experience.

Love,

--
Janet

Potato leek soup: peel 2-3 large potatoes and cut to medium sized chunks, Cut off the green part of 1 bunch of leeks, and cut the remaining white part about and cut into medium chunks, boil together with potatoes for about 45 min. Pour a can of chicken broth into the blender, adding the potatoes, leeks, and remaining water- You will fill the blender 2-3 times with this mixture. Add salt and pepper for seasoning

--
Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: