Re: scarey nights

Tue Jan 23 04:48:47 2001

Dear Janet I have'nt been on the board for a while, but I feel the need to respond to this email after experiencing the same thing. I was diagnosed with panic attacks april 2000, and have been on anti depressants since that time.I know how awlful and terrifying they can be, but the medication has mine under control. What was interesting at the time that they started was 1) I was in a great deal of pain most of the time and 2) I did some reading and asked my doctor to take blood to see how my hormone levels were, and I was'nt producing much estrogens, so I was put on to HRT and that really helped . I really thought I was losing my mind and I felt useless to stop them. Since beening on the meds and HRT I have'nt had one in 8 months and hope I don't have anymore, I never suffered from anxiety before, but found it even impossible to go out of the house for a month until the meds worked properly. I did mention to my Gyno that I had these attacks and he said no wonder with the amount of Adhesions and pain you have been through. So what I am trying to say in a very round about way is there is light at the end of the tunnel, they will stop and you will feel better, the pain and hormones seemed to trigger mine, go and see your doctor and see what they have to say.

love helen g

>----- Original Message -----
From: Janet <jkaram4@home.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 6:56 AM Subject: Re: scarey nights

> Richard,
>
> Thank you for your response. I figured these were something like panic
> attacks. I wanted to know if others have experienced this due to ARD or
> perhaps the medicines we take? I am not otherwise prone to panic attacks
> or high anxiety. Can anyone relate to this?
>
> Janet
>
> At Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Richard Hagen wrote:
> >
> >Panic attacks. Wite it down and keep track.
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf
> >Of Janet
> >Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 11:24 PM
> >To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> >Subject: scarey nights
> >
>
> --
> Janet
>