Re: Study Group

Sat Jan 27 15:46:07 2001

Hi Dr. Gerhart,

Thank you so much for responding again. What we are meaning by a study group is patients who are willing to try new treatments as part of a medical study. There may be cases where all has been tried and nothing that is available has worked now. My doc rubbed some sort of oil or gel all over my insides last surgery(June). I am going to ask him what he used. It hasn't really worked for me since I am in pain again. So I am going to ask him what he used when I go in on Tuesday. Maybe we can try one of the other barriers. If those don't work, I need to know there are other options out there. And I am sure there are others who are interested too.

Thanks so much for answering me. It really shows that you are a compassionate person when you take the time to talk to patients who are not paying for your time. It is horrible when doctors lose their compassion. And it is horrible to go to a doctor and have them rush through your visit. It makes you feel brushed aside. You are obviously not a doctor who does that. I can tell that your practice will prosper because of that. I know doctors get busy. We all do. But if we are paying for their time, they need to at least listen. You, my dear doctor, are a true blessing. I hope you stick around on this message board! We love you!

Have a great day! Lots of love and Bear hugs to you, Jenny

At Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Dr. Gerhart wrote: >
>Jenny,
>I'm not sure what you mean by a study group. You can look through the
>links on this page and on my web page http://www.generalsurgeryinfo.com for
>additional organizations that may themselves link to groups such as you
>are looking for. If you let me know exactly what you are interested in
>maybe I can help. Unfortunately there is not a lot out there, and you
>have probably already found the best adhesion resources here.
>Dr. Gerhart
>
>At Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Jenny wrote:
>>
>>Dr. Gerhart,
>>
>>My husband and I were wondering, are there any study groups for people
>>with adhesions? If there are, can you put me in touch with them? Thanks
>>for your time, help, and support.
>>
>>--
>>Jenny
>>
>>>Jenny,
>>>Hampton is not far. About 1 hr. 15 min. It's just across rt 78 into
>>>PA and straight up the turnpike.
>>>Best of luck with your Dr's appointmet.
>>>Dr. Gerhart
>>>
>>>--
>>>Dr. Gerhart
>>>
>--
>Dr. Gerhart
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: