How do we do it?

Tue Jan 30 21:34:15 2001

Dear Kate, I read your message and also ask myself how we get through so many bad days the way we do. We have to learn to tolerate so much. This afternoon I called my office (well I worked there until last week when I finally had to quit for the 2nd. time) and the new girl they hired answered the phone. I felt jealous that she was there learning to do my job and I was at home, laying on the couch, high from pain-pills that don't work. I am glad that Dr. Butler, my boss, found someone to replace me, but I want to be there!! I don't want her sitting at my desk, using my computer, or doing my job. I used to take it for granted that I woke-up every morning and went to work. I never thought about how lucky I was that I felt good. Now when I have days where I feel good, or can at tolerate the pain I take advantage of it. Last Saturday night I took my children out to eat and to the movies. Like I said before, it was like the commercial on televison..... Eating out - $22.00, movie tickets - $18.50, snacks and drinks - $15.00, laughs with my children - PRICELESS!!!!!!! We learn to tolerate the things we have no control over and treasure the good times. My dad is a recovery alcoholic (sober 7 months now -Yeah!) and one of the many things I have learned is the Serenity Prayer. God grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. Here's to a ton of priceless days for us all!!!!!! - Teresa

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: