Re: How do we do it?

Wed Jan 31 10:03:06 2001

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>On 30 Jan 2001, at 22:37, Teresa Waldrop wrote:

<FontFamily><param>Comic Sans MS</param><smaller>Dear Kate,<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>

<FontFamily><param>Arial</param><smaller> I read your message and also ask myself how we get through so many bad days the way we do. We have to learn to tolerate so much. This afternoon I called my office (well I worked there until last week when I finally had to quit for the 2nd. time) and the new girl they hired answered the phone. I felt jealous that she was there learning to do <bold>my</bold> job and I was at home, laying on the couch, high from pain-pills that don't work.

Teresa,

Leaving my job was almost like a small death, one that I mourned for nearly a year. I still wish that I could get up early --ouch, moan - -, shower, dress, and join the parade of cars into the city for work.

I went back several times to "visit" and it was lots of hugs and how are yous and then people had to drift back to their offices and phone calls and work. My old office was given to the human resources director and she moved in a printer. My beautiful pictures were no longer on the wall and she'd put up her own prints.

I have discovered new things to do, made new internet friends along with the friends from church who visit me at home, but I still miss working, talking to people over coffee, celebrating a birthday with an expensive cream cake from the bakery trying not to dribble icing over the proposal we were working on in the conference room.

How sharp the images remain for me.

Love to all,

Kate<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>

<nofill> Kate Murphy katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: