Just what we didn't need:

Fri Feb 9 22:32:59 2001

There was a show tonight with Barbara Walters about Oxycontin and how it has become the "new high" with the teenagers. How a doctor in Ohio was prescribing them to everyone all over the country. How the drug was being abused, how this young handsome husband died from an overdose of oxycontin and how one pill could go for $100.00 on the street. How we needed to keep this pill under control. How addictive the drug was, and once started, one one would only go on to higher and higher doses to get high.

One step backwards for the chronic pain patient. I have to take oxycontin to relieve the pain from my adhesions. It is the one drug that does relieve most of my pain. It is usually prescribed for cancer pain patients, but seems very effective in treating adhesion sufferers also, as I have seen a lot of ARD members prescribed the drug.

Just wanted to drop a line to say well, if it were hard before to get help with narcotic pain medication, it is only going to get harder, as every week it seems as though they will run a story regarding the addiction of one pain medication or another, but never a story regarding how much it helps those that suffer in chronic pain.

--
Helen Chalmers

I have missed something here, as I have never gotten high from any pain medication I have been on. I do believe that it has helped releave my pain, but high, no, never!! experienced that.

--
Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: