Thank-you for your support

Fri Mar 9 13:40:47 2001

Just wanted to thank all of those who supported my previous post and my opinions.

Welcome back Donna! I am very happy to know I played a role in making people like you feel more comfortable posting on this board. At least my post must have done some good.

Regina, I respect you for your open opinions and welcome you!

I do hope "all" will feel comfortable posting now, regardless of how they feel or differ in their opinions. I am sure there will always be a few who still feel the need to "bash" but hopefully there will be much less of it.

You do not have to like "everything" about a doctor, procedures or his policies, just as you will not like "everything" about your closest friend. It doesn't mean you don't like (love?) or trust the person, who they are, or what they stand for.

We do need comparisons and opinions (good & bad) in order to determine for ourselves what is the best way for each of us. If everyone just "follows suit" we will never truely get help if there is any out there. Everyone is it's own unique case and must feel comfort in whatever he decides without added pressure and upsets.

It would be a very sad situation if only 1 or 2 doctors in the entire United States could try to help millions of people! (I know-it is already sad enough) They couldn't handle it anyway!!!

I don't know about where other people live but I do live in PA and ALL my doctors participate with some insurance or another. I have never paid (even for adhesions) as long as I had insurance. My doctors were "shocked" to hear these doctors didn't. For those of you who have no problem and feel good about paying up front....this is great for "you"! It is not right to insinuate "others" don't care about their health or the doctor's expertise if they don't agree with you.

"When" and if there is an "overwhelming" amount of LONG TERM successes with ANY surgeon things may look very different, but for now I have not seen an "overwhelming" amount of LONG TERM successes. I eamiled about 40 people awhile back and did not get the wonderful statistics I thought I would. I have seen allot of people posting of their good results directly after surgery or after only months. If and when things change for the worse they do not post that information! We "need" the comparisons. You cannot base a success rate on just one person's long term experience with a surgeon.

I do think it is wonderful that R&R are accepting patients for surgery that otherwise could not find a doctor to help them. It is also nice to see there actually is some research being done in regards to adhesions. This will be my last post regarding this matter, hopefully we can all put it behind and start fresh. JEAN (from PA)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: