My appointment

Fri Mar 9 23:24:56 2001

Hi everyone!

Wow! What a day! You would not believe the day I had. I went for my post op appointment. I had hardly slept at all last night, maybe 3 hours. When my doctor came in and asked me how I was doing, I couldn't talk at first. Finally when I could get it out, he asked me if it hurt like my kidneys. I said no. So he asked me if I could "tee tee in a cup". I wanted to laugh when he said this. Have you ever had a doctor ask you if you could "tee tee"? Anyway, he got on the phone with the general surgeon. They sent me straight to the hospital for a STAT CBC and Cat Scan. I gagged the whole time I drank that Barium. Then the X-ray tech told me they had to inject some dye as well. He dug in my arm to start an IV. I was about to get after him and tell him to take that dang thing out of my arm and just try somewhere else but he took it out on his own. He stuck it in my wrist. They did the CT and the IV site ballooned out, just a little. The tech told me that the barium would probably make me have loose stools. It was quite the opposite though. After the CT my face kind of flushed. The radiologist came in and looked at me and asked me if I was okay in my breathing or if I felt dizzy or anything like that. I felt fine so he let me go. I had to go over to see the surgeon immediately after. So as I was waiting to be called back I told Ted that the back of my head was burning and also my ears and eyes. The surgeon who did my surgery was not there. It was the doctor who looked in on me the next day after my surgery. He looked at the report and told me I had diverticulitis. I told him no I didn't. I think it kind of threw him off. Then I told him about having my colonoscopy in December and a CT then also and that they both came back normal. I said unless things changed that much in such a short amount of time. But the GI doctor told me I was too young and didn't even fit the profile for someone who had diverticulitis. He said he was just reading the report and he didn't know what to tell me seeing he had only seen me for 5 minutes. I gave him a brief history about me, the surgeries, the adhesions, and the pain. He said he wanted to get together with the surgeon who did the surgery and my ob/gyn and look at the x-rays themselves and see what they could come up with. I told him that adhesions do not show up on those tests. I wanted him to know that I knew that. Ted told me he was probably thinking that patients who are educated are a pain in the rear. Oh well! He gave me some pain medicine to last me until next week. He had to run to surgery. When his nurse went to get the prescription, I was really feeling funny. My face turned magenta. Well that is Ted's description of it. My head was burning, I was hot, my eyes and ears were burning. I told the nurse when she came back in. SHe told me to go straight back over to the hospital and have them check me out because she didn't know the side affects of the iodine. So I went back over. The radiologist took one look at me and ordered me an injection of Benadryl. I guess I am now allergic to the iodine. I have had it so many times for IVP's (kidney x-rays) and never had that happen. About 3 hours after the test I still had the burning sensation and a headache.

It surely has been a trying day. But maybe I will have some answers as to why I am having so much pain even after my surgery 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I think deep down I know what it is. I don't know what they will tell me next week. It scares me that they won't believe me. I guess I shouldn't let it ruin my weekend. I'll let tomorrow worry about tomorrow.

I hope everyone is on the up and up and feeling great. You are all so very important to me. Big hugs and kisses to you all!

Love, Jenny

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: