Re: Cat Scan correction!

Sat Mar 10 20:04:49 2001

Kel, No need to appologize, no offense was taken!

I know it is very hard to keep up with everyone's stories, let alone keep them separated and organized in your head.

Last year I was treated for an infected hip replacement which involved getting 2 revisions (re-replacements) within 3 months time. Ripping them out twice, breaking my bone and hammering them back in was a bit much that close together. I spent 2 months in a nursing home and 3 weeks in the Pennsylvanian Hospital in Philadelphia(just minor surgeries-right!). I had 6 weeks of intravenous antibiotics. I had gone for MANY tests & procedures prior to the surgeries. My veins won't give blood anymore and I have an abnormal EKG and anemia. I received Procrit shots and intravenous iron to try to build up my red blood cells....right before surgery it dipped again and I needed a blood transfusion anyway. I also had an abcessed cyst removed on my abdomen in this period of time. I was already dealing with the adhesions for a long time and then that on top of it!

To top it off....after all that I still have the same pain & still can't walk. I think it has been the adhesions all along (or at least in addition to it, making it much worse). I am determined to walk again eventually. I am thinking the adhesions may be pulling on a nerve or muscle to the leg, back & hip.

I wouldn't normally have time to be on the internet so much if my business wasn't greatly affected by the long convalescent period. I still can only sit which omits cleaning & cooking, and business is much slower than normal so here I am. I have my own home-based business. I normally have a hard time just keeping up with the business and also our 7 rental units. We are trying to sell the 4-unit cause I just can't handle this anymore and we don't make any money on them anyway!

I did also mean they are trying to look for anything that could be wrong in my belly like a tumor, etc. If everything comes up negative then we know it is safe to operate on adhesions.

They won't find adhesions on your tests if you have them. Good luck with your tests and in finding answers and help. Keep us informed! JEAN (from PA)

At Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Michael Murray wrote: >
>Jean,
>I am sorry that I came across as I did. I apologize for not paying attention to what
>is going on with you. I get stuck in my own problems. I guess I'm very discouraged
>because only one Dr. that I have been to besides the surgeon agrees that I have
>adhesions. I have gotten all of the tests, not because they think adhesions has
>caused other things to go wrong, but they keep trying to find adhesions or something
>else with tests. You certainly have gone through a lot. I've had 5 abdominal
>surgeries and I can't imagine with the pain I've had, what you have gone through. I
>hope and pray that your tests come out good. Again, forgive me for not paying
>attention to what you are going through.
>Kel
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: