Addicted to Milk of Magnesia?

Sat Mar 24 08:09:10 2001

I got the weirdest phone call yesterday! It was the first Gi dr. i saw which i saw a month ago. I did not like his attitude and so i never went back. But the his nurse called to see if i wanted to go through with the barium test its the kind you drink and they see how slow your colon moves. Anyways i told her no then we got on the subject of the milk of mag. and she told me to get off it that i was addicted to it! My new gi knows that i taqke 2 tablespoons everynight to help me go potty and did'nt seem to care.So last night i figured i'd try to go without it well this morning i went a little and thats it although yesterday was a bad day and i was'nt feeling well i did'nt eat much and my daughter was sick too. And the pain in my leftside seems to be getting worse its hurts to even walk most of the time in the morning i'm ok but by the end of the day i'm in a lot of pain and its starting a little on the rightside too not as bad as the left. I'm so tired of dr's telling me its in my head and we have bills up the behind!!! And actually since i've been taking milk of mag i'v been going potty real well, and even eating pretty good too at least most the time. but i still have a lot of pain in my sides. So thats the reason i take it its bad enough i have to deal with constant pain at least i have a daily BM. I feel i'm doing what i have too to deal! I have three kids that need a mom. My mom told me to call my gyn back and tell him about the pain! Should i do this? and i've gained 5 lbs drink tons of water and walk as much as possible:). I hope all is well take care> Big pain free hugs to all.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: