Has your insurance carrier DENIED your request for an adhesiolysis procedure?

Sun Apr 1 19:31:33 2001

Have you attempted to qualify for an adhesiolysis procedure; but you have failed in your attempt(s) to get pre-certification from your insurance carrier (also including Medicaid, Medicare, etc.)?? If so, YOUR STORY IS NEEDED in an attempt by Dr. Wiseman to try to get Congressional Support for adhesion related disorders ( ARD ).

YOUR FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR INSURANCE CARRIER could possibly make an impact and help to make a difference for others, who also suffer from ARD!!

~ ~ ~ ~

1.) March 7, 2001...Dr. Wiseman said: "I have been in touch with Advamed http://www.advamed.org ) a group promoting patient access to medical technology, etc. They are interested in getting from us 2 or 3 case examples of how patients have had difficulty in accessing medical treatment and medical technology. Do we have examples of this?"

2.) March 29, 2001...Dr. Wiseman said: "I need some stories about adhesions ( including the pain aspects ) that I can submit -- to show how patients are being denied access to proper treatment. I have made an outline below which should be followed. Please try to keep things to one page as we need to keep the attention of those who read it."

PLEASE use the following outline only as a guide. Dr. Wiseman prefers to receive a one-page narrative ( in the form of a story ) of your experience.

1.) Who I am: I am __ years of age...male/female...married etc....kids

2.) How this problem started: I have had __operations in the last __ years, starting with ____ and most recently _____. These operations have been mainly for the problem of _______.

3.) Recognition of the problem being adhesions: My insurance carrier won't recogize I have adhesions because____. Therefore, they will not cover me for surgical/pain treatment; and I am unable to qualify for disability benefits. I have tried to appeal to ______; but to no avail.

4.) Income: My monthy income is ______; and I have _____ of unpaid medical bills because my problems have not been recognized by my insurance carrier.

5.) Inability to access treatment: I have tried to be treated by Drs. ___and ____ in ( city ); but because adhesions are not recognized as a problem, my company ____ refuses to pay.

6.) Pain medication: An additional probem has been trying to obtain adequate medication for my pain. It is ( describe ). Many doctors are afraid that I will become ( or I already am ) an addict; and due to some regulations cannot or will not prescribe an ample supply of strong enough analgesics.

PLEASE SEND as soon as possible TO: Dr. David Wiseman ( Synechion@aol.com )

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: