Re: Getting Nervous

Sun Apr 1 23:05:14 2001

Missy,

You are not alone out there when it comes to ARD, and the debiliating pain it brings along with it. I need to update my story on the quilt but, I sounded like you a month ago. I went to the ER one time and the ER nurse practioner had called my PCP, and told her I was under no circumstances to be allowed anymore PAIN MEDS< not unless I had a dr's note or I was dying I suppose. He then dropped me from his care.

I had already schedule my surgery for Dr. Gerhart and Dr. Redan in Pa, when this happened. I just needed to make it for one month. I did return to the ER (I am a glutton for punishment) I came armed with a ton of info. from the Joint Commision's to my operative reports and pictures. Do you know I didn't leave there empty handed. He sent the nurse right in., within 45 minutes, I had had 50 mg of morphine shot straight into me, then he sent me home with a script for the Patch. I am no dummy....but he heard me that time. I also go to a pain doctor, he is kind and gentle, Helen Chalmers recommened me to him. He gave me the right meds, up untill my surgery. I had my surgery done on March 22, in PA. Feeling no pain or very little. It was a success so far !!

Don't give up and don't drive off the bridge, please. There is an end to this and not in the bottom of the river either !! Please listen to all of us here.

I only wish you the best with your new doctor. Fill us in, if I could take the journey with you, I would !!

In health,

Karen

Karen Carter

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: