Re: Getting Nervous

Mon Apr 2 01:14:38 2001

Karen, Well for the most part you can read about what I have been up to until I moved here at my web site (http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Villa/4117) but most recently I have had continual abdominal pain that radiates to pelvis and back. Through many numerous ER visits I was finally sent to OB/GYN Oncology Clinic, thinking I had cancer again I was frightened to death. It was only an appointment to rule out cancer and do a pap and update my medical history since my hysterectomy in 1991 and my AML remission. From there I was referred to the OB/GYN general clinic where the wonderful dr's there knew right away that I had adhesions (but wouldnt' treat the pain ~ afraid it would mask something more serious) so scheduled an immediate appointment with surgical clinic. I never had time to make it to the surgical appointment because I ended up in the ER with a SBO (small bowel obstruction/ileus) and was treated like crap. I had a nursing student attempt to insert an NG tube (5 times) when she finally got it in we later found out it was 1 1/2 inches into my intestine, I was put NPO, and had a catheter inserted. I was given nothing for pain, not even for the horrendous nausea and migraine and severe abdominal pain. They finally gave me something for the nausea after I threw up the NG tube. But that was it. They released me the next day not knowing if I could tolerate solid food, no discharge instructions, or meds. I was furious. Since then I have seen the surgical clinic whose only solution to my problem was to change my diet to low fiber/low protein diet. Well hard to change that, I don't eat fiberous foods anyway and when I do manage to eat it either stays in for years or comes out in minutes. So either way, a waste of time. I got a referral to a pain treatment center in my area, the Dr refused to treat me as he saw no medical necessity for it according to the medical records he received. So I contacted my ASAP State Rep again and was referred to another dr who referred me to one closer, 4 hours away. So I have sent all the medical records I have so far to this Dr in Mississippi and also sent the pain forms (pain map, pain level chart, etc) and am hoping that this will work. I don't know what to do if it doesn't. I am paying for all of this out of my own pocket, taking food from my family and all that and I feel bad enough about being sick. Knowing that I am depriving my family of food because I am sick is just too much to handle. I know that I will get through this, it's just that I am a really bad loser and it seems that I am losing every step I take. I am grateful for my friends who encourage me via the email, like you. Thank you, Missy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: