Re: Please Help

Mon Apr 2 10:37:26 2001

Bonnie,

I know that you are in pain.....but until you research adhesions and find a surgeon who is qualified to do surgery...yes every surgeon says they can remove adhesions, but can they remove them so they don't return or don't multiply with this surgery? Find the information that you need on this site and take it to your physician....arm yourself with all the information you can find. There are sites that will show you what your rights are as a patient....and one of them is the right to be treated for your pain. Stand up to your doctor and demand that you be treated appropriately.....even if you have to ask them how they would like it if their penis was superglued to their abdomen......that is the pain that you suffer with...only greater. Become an educated patient. Do not....I repeat DO NOT rush to have another surgery unless it is with a doctor that performs a surgey using the correct techniques. There are really only a couple in this world that do....but it is worth it to get to them. Read the stories on the quilt...mine is under Karla N.....you will see that repeated surgeries can only cause more damage unless you put a stop to it and seek out the right surgeons.

Assert yourself with your doctor and demand to be appropriately treated for your pain....tell him that you know it is your right. Visit this site and print out all the documents that you need to take with you.

http://www.widomaker.com/~skipb/2ThePatient.html

Good luck and God Bless you.

--
Karla

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bonnie" <destinywants2@yahoo.com> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 10:20 AM Subject: Please Help

> I don't know what to do! I am in sooo much pain. I saw my Doc last > week. He said he was going t get me a referal to a surgeon, I haven't > heard anything. I called My doc on friday telling him I was in alot of > pain, he said that it is not life threatening and he would get me into > see the surgeon. Still nothing. I can't walk I cant eat I am out of > pain meds (except for the toredol, which doesn't work worth a damn) > Please someone, what should I do? >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: