Visual Aid - Lets explain Adhesions!

Mon Apr 2 19:44:32 2001

Hi everyone,

There is a group of people working on an idea for a press kit, to help let the world know about adhesions. This press kit will contain a number of things, one of them being a visual aid. We want it to attract attention, to explain what adhesions do and we need it to be easy, quick to assemble and most importantly cheap!

Mary Wade emailed me with the seed of an idea.....she said I have rubber bands rattling around in my head, but I can't seem to finish the thought......

I have emailed some friends in Public relations and asked for their opinion of our idea.....here is a section of my email to one contact: ________________________________________________

"As you know Rach, I have been unwell since my surgery last year and I ________________________________________________ am suffering from "adhesions" which is scar tissue that grows inside our bodies after surgery for example. These adhesions "glue" things together. The adhesions have stuck my bowel to my abdominal wall, wrapped my bladder and ovaries & stuck them to other parts of my abdominal cavity....ouch!

I am working with a group of adhesions sufferers on a press kit, because adhesions is a very serious disease, and little is known about them, and the damage they can do. Many people under go surgery after surgery, trying to resolve the pain incurred by these adhesions. One woman I am in contact with has had over thirty surgeries!

The second idea is to have say 3 sponge balls labelled as different organs such as "Bowel", "Ovaries" and "Bladder". These three balls would also then be bound with several elastic bands, to represent the "ball of adhesions and organs" surgeons often describe after surgery on an adhesions patient." ________________________________________________

Ok....so what do you think? Any suggestions? Any different ideas? All ________________________________________________ comments will be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to all of your comments, Cheers & hugs, Jo

--
You will never never know.......if you don't give it a go :)

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: