Re: Gallstones.

Wed Apr 4 08:18:43 2001

Dear Helen,

While I didn't have gall stones, I did have undiagnosed chronic cholecytitis (inflamation of the gall bladder) for 2 1/2 years. The most important thing to do to avoid attacks is to avoid fatty foods. Yes, gall stones or gall bladder disease can cause bloating and trouble with keeping food down, as well, it is very painful. In my case, even though I avoided fatty foods, I had not attacks, but constant pain and symptoms that never let up.

I understand your wanting to avoid surgery so soon after your others, and I understand your fears. Because my gall bladder was diseased for so long, it caused painful adhesions which attatched my gall bladder to my colon, and to my duedenum, causing obstruction to the opening of my stomach...I literally could not eat!

During my March 15 surgery, my gall bladder was removed. While I still have some pain in that area, it has greatly subsided, and I am able to eat again.

Try avoiding fatty foods to see if you can control your symptoms, and you might try going to the healthfood store to get some digestive enzymes, that will help promote the healthy flow of bile, this has helped me since the removal of my gall bladder, but not before as it was too diseased.

I hope this helps a little, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this so soon after your surgeries.

Love,

Janet

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: