Gallstones.

Wed Apr 4 03:36:08 2001

Hi to all,

I haven't posted for a while, but i've been reading the messages. I just wanted to ask out there if anyone has had persistent pain with gallstones. I had a major attack of pain a few weeks ago and was diagnosed with gallstones, and since then have been feeling very bloated and sore. I had another gallstone attack yesterday and now my kidneys ache and I feel quite yucky. I had to go and see my urologist today to follow up on the bladder surgery I had 4 weeks ago, seems my bladder is very small and the muscle has become quite thick, he seems to think I will need the procedure again in about 18months, lucky me!, but he said to call my surgeon about the gallbladder pain and that I should have it removed!. I did call my surgeon and he can't fit me in until the end of May! I don't really know what to do, I'm scared if I have it out that I'll end up with adhesions around my liver, and if I don't get it seen to he said that complications can arise with persistent gallstone attacks. Has anyone out there had this dilemma? I've had 2 major surgeries in the last 5 months and really don't wont to go down that road again, I'm having problems with eating anything with this gallstone thing, I feel very bloated and sick even after a cup of tea, has anyone had the same bloating and sick feeling that I'm experiencing? and if you have, what did you do to overcome it? and did your adhesions also hurt more, I feel that my whole body is sore and achy. Thanks for listening, sorry it's been so long winded.

Love Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: