Re: there is a relationship between urge incontinence and ARD

Fri Apr 13 18:39:02 2001

Helen, My bladder is always irritable. I always feel like I must go. I run constantly but only dribble. If I feel like I must go and ignore it because I know I will only dribble anyway it will come out if I cough etc. If I lay down I can go decent when I get up though. Is this how you are?

Years ago (one of my adhesion times) they acted like I was nutz (surprising huh?) yet when they did a nerve test on me it showed I wasn't crazy. Laying down it was normal but when I sat up it started getting bad and when they stood me up it totally went crazy. Later on I had adhesion surgery but wasn't diagnosed from this doctor at this point yet. The only bladder surgery I have had in the past was when my uterus and bladder fell down and they sewed the bladder back up. I did have pelvic adhesions several times though. I wonder if I will have a problem like you. I have incontinence and the spasms all the time yet. Back then he had given me Ditropan and it helped but I haven't gone back since. I also have (and did back then) "normal" blood in my urine on the urinalysis. JEAN

"A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Gibson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 4:40 AM Subject: Re: there is a relationship between urge incontinence and ARD

Hi to all,

I just wanted to say there is definitely a relationship between Urge Incontinence and ARD, I'm proof of that, having had two bladder ops in 6 months. Adhesions were attached to my bladder from a previous bladder suspension operation 3 years earlier, these were removed 6 months ago, and my bladder was "stretched" but they had already done the damage, causing my bladder wall to be come "thick and spasm continually, this spasming has made my bladder "shrink" and even though the surgery I had done 5 weeks ago on my bladder to stop it from spasming was successful, my Urologist has told me that it will not last and that I will need the same procedure again in about 18 months. This was not what I wanted to hear, but that was the good news, the Urologist said that they are only able to do the same procedure once more, and then I will need to be built a new bladder, definitely not what I wanted to hear at all, So what I'm trying to say is: if you have bladder problems don't put it off and think it will go away, you may well end up like me with a bladder that is extremely small from it spasming all the time, if the bladder is continually spasming it shrinks and becomes thickened, and once this happens it's usually beyond repair. Hope this has helped those of you out there with Urge incontinence!.

Love

Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: