Re: Gallbladder problems.

Fri Apr 13 18:40:49 2001

Jean, As far as I know the gall bladder and duodenum are both on the right side. Sometimes people are reversed, but that is the norm. The duodenum is atached to the stomach on your right side. You can have pain just about anywhere from just about anything as I have found out. It could be your gall bladder or it could be GERD disease. (Esophagal Reflux) The test that definitely showed my problem was a CCK HIDA SCAN CHALLENGE. It shows the gall bladder a actually functioning. First they ususlly give you a barium drink (upper GI) and ultrsound, then a Hida Scan, but the Hida Scan Challenge is beyond the simple Hida Scan and is the only one that will show you have a gall bladder problem if no stones are present. You may very well have a trapped gall bladder that can't function properly. It took me eleven months to get that test. I really suffered. Don't let any doctor bully you. Just keep going to one after another until you get the right one. I actually wrote a fax to the doctor insisting on the test, because he didn't think it was my gall bladder and didn't want to give me the test. I knew if I put it in writing he wouldn't refuse for legal reasons.

You may also have a problem with swallowing. That is another avenue to explore

I'll be more than glad to answer any more questions you may have

Keep plugging, Mara msides@pcsun.com

>.----- Original Message -----
From: Jean Long To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 6:03 PM Subject: Re: Gallbladder problems.

Mara, I didn't even know that you get pain on your right side from an ulcer. I have a duodenal ulcer and the pain is under my rib-cage on my left. Your stomach is also on the left so you would think a stomach ulcer would also hurt there, but maybe I am wrong since we all know the doctors definitely aren't (haha).

I do have a question about the Gallbladder. I never had problems with mine as far as I know. My pain is all on my left side but now all of a sudden the past 2 weeks I am burping constantly (24x7). Under my ribcage the pain is on left and also central but not on right. I even burp just drinking water but much worse after eating!! I have always had pain, fullness/bloating, regurgitation and heartburn... but not this burping. Pieces of food are also getting "caught" in my throat now. Even a "linguine noodle" got stuck and I had a heck of a time getting it to go down, I have to pull the skin out at my throat and sometimes eat something else to help push it down!!

Could it be Gallbladder even though no pain on right? Would they see it on a Cat Scan or Upper GI? I know there were adhesions on my Gallbladder when my old GYN took the last ovary out which he left alone because he said they weren't doing anything and didn't want to rile them up. Maybe it is just (haha) the adhesions either on the Gallbladder or even elsewhere doing it?!? I think I have pretty much every symptom everywhere imaginable now. JEAN

"A true friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Mara Sides To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 1:08 PM Subject: Re: Gallbladder problems.

Helen, I was sick for 11 months before anyone believed me my gall bladder was the reason for my pain. When it was removed it was not diseased, but encased in adhesions so it could not function. I still had pain under my right from ribcage and was diagnosed with an ulcer. I felt it was more adhesions stuck to my duodenum. The "ulcer" was never cured with two rounds of antibiotics. It lessened in pain when a year later I had exploratory abdominal surgery. They found massive adhesions on my bladder, vagina and intestines. The pain under my rib cage is back again now, so I really feel it is due to adhesions that formed when the gall bladder was stiil in. I won't know really until it gets bad enought to go through another surgery, which I dread.

I know this doesn't ease your mind. However, if you go in for the surgery make sure the surgeon gets all the info on how to do surgery to avoid adhesions. It may help.

Mara msides@pcsun.com

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Gibson To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 3:46 AM Subject: Re: Gallbladder problems.

All these problems with gallbladder removal that have been mentioned are abit scary!. I've just been diagnosed with the dreaded Gallstones and an inflamed Gallbladder, which definitely has to be removed in the near future, as it's making my life miserable. Has anyone had successful Gallbladder surgery? Love to hear some stories where nothing went wrong and no adhesions were formed as a result of the surgery. Just a thought!!!

Love Helen G

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: