Millie ;-)...re-posted for niko

Fri Apr 20 15:01:28 2001

Hi Millie ;-)) I don't mind any comments on my story at all ;-)) A vertical laparotomy is up and down.. from my belly button to my pelvic bone. If I had of researched Endometriosis, maybe it wouldn't have been left to get that bad in the first place. But you know what Millie? I don't think about it like that. It has happened. I am here to enjoy my family. I do have IBS, and over the years I have learnt to feel the difference between my bowel being irritated and adhesion problems. I do NOT have Irritable Bowel Syndrome from food .. although I avoid pushing my limits, and do not eat too many spicy foods. I have IBS from adhesions. It causes my bowel to freeze, and is totally relevant in my entire diagnosis.

I know that many ARD sufferers feel that it is not the cause of their problems. And sometimes it certainly isn't. But.... it can cause alot of pain. When I stuck to a good bowel diet, I had considerably less pain. I take tablets when I feel bowel pain now.. maybe one or two a month. Then I quickly start drinking water. The biggest problem with IBS is dehydration of the bowel. The bowel actually freezes around whatever is in there !! That can cause great discomfort make any other problems alot worse.

I learned to trust myself. I had pain for a reason. Pain is not normal. In all the years I have dealt with this, only one scan showed something. A lump they thought was cancer, but it turned out to be a scar tissue growth the same size as the ovary. All the others (hundreds) showed nothing. I refused to despair. And the worst didn't happen!

Millie, with Endometriosis, two major things cause it to spread. Menstruation & Stress. You have had a hysterectomy, that should lessen the amount of Endometriosis that can reoccur, so now you have to deal with Stress. I always tried to remind myself that by worrying about it, I made it worse.

My mother told me when I was scared about going through labour with my son and heard all the horror stories, "Worry about it on that day dear".. it has stuck with me since then. I don't worry about anything until I come to that bridge, as my Endo will cause me more pain that anything that "might" be. I know that your fear is real though, I am not trying to be condesending or anything. I think most humans have phobias. You need to focus on your strength now, so that when your hysterectomy heals you can get all the help you deserve ;-)) Until then, chin up, stiff upper lip and show 'em how tough they make those yankies !!!

Lots of Love Your pain pal Trace xo

>>----- Original Message -----
> From: Millie
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Saturday, 21 April 2001 1:07 AM
> Subject: Re: Pics to follow ;-)
>
>--
> niko,
> I hope you don't mind me commenting on your story. I have no children, but I do understand what you're saying. I haven't yet had the bowel obstructions, but I feel that I'm working up to it. Hopefully not. I had a colonoscopy, as well as pelvic CAT scan, and lso numerous abdominal xrays, which showed nothing bad. I have been told IBS in the past, but they still insist on it , even knowing about the major surgery I had in January. I was told I had minimal endometriosis.
> Is a vertical laparotomy where the cut goes up & down? Mine goes across.
> I worry so about bowel obstructions, and bowel resections, and ostomies, that it isn't funny.
> Millie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: